Thank you for stopping by and choosing to spend your time here. It was December, 2018 when I came across bio enzyme in my travel journey. The couple who told me about this have been using this as a lifestyle choice for 4+ years. After listenting to their experiences and learning from them, I was super excited to try it. For me, Bio enzyme is not less than a miracle.I am still a new person on this journey but with some experience and know-how than before 🙂
Please note that all information shared in the post is based on my experience, reading blogs and talking to people who use bio-enzyme on a daily basis. Use internet to educate yourself on this, plenty of information is available. Also, feel free to message me for any questions.
So, let us get started…
WHAT IS BIO ENZYME
A multi-purposenatural cleaner produced from fruit/vegetable peels or waste.(preferably citrus fruit peels)
Multi-purpose aka one can use as:
- Personal care product- body wash, laundary etc. (individual testing recommended)
- Washing vegetables/fruits
- Floor cleaner, toilet cleaner, unclogging drain
- Plant care, pest control
The list is long 🙂
WHY BIO ENZYME?
- Multiple uses. Make once, and use it at different places. Bonus: save money!
- Made using waste be it peels or plastic bottles which otherwise would go to dumping ground.
- Once ready, has no expiry date.
- Whenever you use dishwasher/floor cleaner etc. it always leave some residue. In very minute proportion only, but it stays and enters in your body by some means. And of course, not healthy.
- Ever wondered, when you wash off these chemicals from your body, clothes, utensils — where do they go?
- Coming to the best part, when bio enzyme is used not only it cleans what it is used for but when it goes through drain, it cleans that too, basically rejuvenates.
HOW TO MAKE BIO ENZYME
Just remember the ratio: 1:3:10
Jaggery/brown sugar : Fruit peels : Water
Example: For a 1l bottle, you will need 60 gm jaggery, 180 gms peels, 600ml water.
Put in a air tight plastic container, do keep some space empty, close the lid.
It usually takes 3 months to get ready. For first month, open the cap everyday for few seconds to release gas. After first month, keep it in some dark cool corner for next 2 months (air tight), and release gas only if necessary.
After 3 months, filter the liquid and squeeze the pulp, your bio enzyme is ready. The remaining pulp can be used as a catalyst for next batch or concentrated cleaner.
How to make quicker?
By adding yeast or some bio-enzyme residue, it will be prepared in around 1 month’s time.
ps It is okay if the ratio is not exact. You can do an estimate to the nearest and go ahead.
- If living with family, the acceptance to use it might be slow. Hang in there! Also only your experiment with it, will determine your experience. So go slow.
- If wondering where to get peels from, you can collect daily at home, store it and use when you have required quantity; ask at any fruit juice shop.They like it when you ask them that you want waste 😀 also get curious and it becomes a talking point hence message spreads further. Once, I collected fruits peels and plastic bottles from a reception of a marriage I attended. You will receive unasked gestures but then you know why you are doing, what you are doing 😀
- -At my home, we started placing bio enzyme in common area so any guest who would come, mostly they would get curious and there begins a dialogue 🙂
- -And lastly, it is fun and engaging to make it. And helps you take care of yourself, your loved ones and earth at the same time 🙂
Thank you reader for coming this far 🙂
I hope you would make atleast one bottle of Bio enzyme. Feel free to message or mail (email@example.com) if you have any questions. And, if you found this information valuable, do share it with others.
Also, there is a lot available to read on this topic on internet like around the science of it, how to use etc. Do go through that.
Would like to thank Shrikant and Banu who introduced me to this magical enzyme 🙂
ps there is a visual depiction I created for this which is easier to refer, if you want to that either mail me or visit my instagram: Nancy_nayak